- Full time
Who we are
We’re DeFi pioneers who have been heads-down building infrastructure since 2017 to accelerate the adoption of an open internet financial system.
Through the development of decentralized, non-custodial, crypto asset management tools and financial products, we want to provide everyone the opportunity to access the new financial system in a secure, simple and inclusive way.
What we’ve achieved so far
- Launched Index Coop, the leading decentralized provider of structured products with one of the most active DAOs and communities in Web3 and DeFi.
- Grown our TVL to over $500MM from tens of thousands of users, by launching some some of the most successful structured products in the space through the Index Coop, including the DeFi Pulse Index, the Metaverse Index and the ETH2X Flexible Leverage Index
- Collaborated with leading voices like DeFi Pulse and Bankless for the launch of new products
- Raised a $14MM Series A led by top-tier crypto funds 1kx and Hashed, with participation from Coinbase Ventures, Mechanism Capital, DeFiance Capital and Spartan Group
About this role
We’re looking to add a DeFi researcher — someone who loves DeFi, markets, financial engineering, and mechanism design. As a key member of the financial product’s team, your mission is to lead technical research into various financial protocols and mechanisms. In this role, you will be working closely with the protocol engineering team on technical design and implementation of structured products and financial primitives.
What you’ll achieve:
- Exploring and evaluating protocols that can help the team create new or improve existing financial products and primitives
- Working with protocol engineering team to architect, spec and implement your research
- Serving as an educational resource for the rest of the team
What you bring:
- You have deep knowledge of DeFi, crypto communities, and knowledge of traditional finance products. You know what’s happening, what is working and not working
- You have foundational knowledge of math and/or computer science
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to discuss and explain technical concepts, solutions and architectures
- You have extreme open-mindedness to new ideas with a mindset of continuous learning
Don’t check all the boxes? No problem. We’re passionate about building a diverse team, so if you think you’ve got what it takes—apply anyway. While we have a good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Why join Set and not another DeFi protocol?
- Be part of a protocol that puts users safety and risk management first. Set takes great pride in never having been exploited, and being trusted by leading voices in the space
- Directly impact the premier DeFi asset management protocol, helping us get to the next $500MM TVL, 50K users and beyond
- Learn the ins and outs of the entire DeFi ecosystem due to our continuous integration with leading protocols like Uniswap, 0x, Aave, Compound and Perpetual Protocol for the development of new innovative products
- Become part of a tight-knit team that continuously prioritizes growth, learning and collaboration
- Collaborate Empathetically: Be caring to customers / partners, understand people’s actions and what they’re going to need; We proactively understand where people are coming from and try to understand why they do what they do. We recognize that each entity we interact with are human beings. We’re not beneath doing anything, willing to do anything to help others and for us to succeed
- Deliver Results: Deliver with the right quality and in a timely fashion; We apply judgment to ensure we focus on results vs. process; We think strategically and articulate what we are and are not trying to do
- No Rugging: Express information in a clear and accurate way without disguising its unpleasantness. Be open, trustworthy, and truthful; Hide no secrets; Do not leave others abruptly in a problematic or difficult situation. If you say you are going to do something, it is assumed you will complete it unless you otherwise communicate.
- Think Like a Scientist: Create hypothesis, try proving / disproving them, always willing to run experiments and change our minds, intellectual honesty, accepting the brutal truth, keeping an open mind, learn to unlearn / relearn
Benefits of working at Set
We believe people do their best work when they are healthy and happy. At Set, we offer:
- Competitive salaries and equity compensation
- Flexible vacation time
- Health and dental insurance.
- A flexible remote-friendly work environment
We’re passionate about personal development and providing the resources you need to grow including company offsites, industry conferences and access to online courses or anything else you feel would help you to level up.