Cryptocurrency Credit Analyst
- Full time
Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
Founded in 2011, Blockchain is the world's largest and most trusted production platform for digital assets, powering more than 77 million cryptocurrency wallets and over $1 trillion in transactions. We’re looking for a Cryptocurrency Credit Analyst to help rapidly scale our business development, credit decisioning, loan origination, monitoring and servicing efforts with institutional trading clients.
You’ll interface with trading clients, gather fund financial information, perform financial analyses needed to make credit decisions; contribute and provide input to group loan decisioning based on evaluation of credit risk and other key factors, recommend credit solutions that add value for our customers and help support day-to-day client needs including trade execution/settlement.
Blockchain is a dynamic, fast-moving startup and this person should enjoy operating with increased autonomy and executing upon objectives with less than crisply defined boundaries and/or expectations in situations without clear precedent.
To do so, this person will rely on their integrity, attention to detail, demonstrated business intuition, creative problem solving and experience in financial modeling, credit risk, quantitative analysis and project management. At the same time, he/she needs to be a utility player willing to roll up his/her sleeves and help out wherever needed.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide high-touch client support to our institutional trading clients
- Analyze financial statements, NAV reports and prepare financial models to support informed decision making
- Perform credit and integrity risk rating assessments, covenant compliance reviews, and monitor changes to risk flags
- Conduct industry, market and company research
- Analyze and synthesize debt pricing benchmarks and equity trading comparables
- Prepare investment-related documents for internal and external audiences
- Participate in all aspects of deal approval process including opportunity development, due diligence, negotiations and portfolio management
- Work with senior staff to help identify viable investment transactions across various geographies through mapping, research and pipeline management
- Perform analytics on markets, company performances, portfolio and other data
- Manage specific credit activities to ensure performance quality, consistency of underwriting and timeliness meets or exceeds Customer expectations
- Assist in analysis of trading results and reconciliation with exchange and broker reports and various internal systems
- Help optimize middle and back-office processes
- Engage with clients and financial operations teams to drive timely trade settlement in a highly time-sensitive markets environment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree with specialized finance/markets experience
- 3+ years experience in investment and credit analysis ideally from within an investment banking background or within a major financial institution or fund
- Strong understanding of commercial business development techniques and credit decisions
- Strong financial, analytical and modeling skills
- A strong demonstrable interest in cryptocurrencies, venture capital, principal investing and trading
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds
- Willing to travel on short notices
- Demonstrate diplomacy and responsiveness in interactions with others, being able to form relationships with counterparts and mid-level clients and stakeholders to exchange information needed for transaction or portfolio processing
- SQL or statistics experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; Mandarin a plus
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Unlimited books policy; order the technical resources you need or simply pick something up from our company library.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- Favorite GIF.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github, StackOverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.