- Full time
Swim.io is building tools for the cross-chain DeFi world. We're looking for smart and dedicated engineers to join our team and help build exciting infrastructure that is easy to use.
We wrote a React frontend in Typescript which interfaces with our smart contract and Solana's Wormhole bridge to provide a unified cross-chain swapping experience. The MVP is working but we have big plans to integrate with more chains, tokens, AMMs, and bridges. We also want to iterate on our UI to build the best cross-chain experience in DeFi. We believe DeFi apps should strive to be as intuitive and easy to use as Airbnb, yet give power and transparency to the user when needed.
You will work in a small but growing team and have lots of impact and ownership. We use the standard suite of Slack, Github, and Google Drive. Half of our developers work remotely but occasionally visit (which is optional, of course).
So far we have a frontend and a backend/contract team. Both use pull requests, auto-lint/format, and a decent amount of tests. Besides that our process is pretty loose. We keep a backlog of tasks and usually work on whatever is highest on the stack at the moment. No recurring meetings except for the weekly company update.
Some examples of what you'll be doing:
- Manage our brand identity
- Create a styleguide
- Design and implement responsive UI components with Typescript and SASS
- Think through and address all the edge cases a user might encounter in a complex cross-chain transaction
- Coordinate with contractors and agencies to make sure our visuals are consistent across the board
- Several years of experience in full-time UX roles
- High autonomy
- Comfortable in or happy to learn Typescript, React, SASS, and Elastic UI
- Excellent written communication skills
- No bullshit: We admit mistakes. We don't fight over who gets the credit banana.
- Exciting atmosphere: We are very ambitious and ready to adjust to the fast-paced crypto world. Flying half the team to a conference or another office is not unusual if it's positive EV.
- Healthy culture: We try to balance our passion for hard problems with sustainable working hours. We hold feedback meetings and do team events.
- Option for remote work. Our office situation is in flux -- right now we have hubs in Hong Kong and Berlin, with San Francisco likely coming soon
- Go to blockchain conferences around the globe (if you want)
- Great compensation (in crypto or fiat)
- Whatever work equipment you need in the office or at home
- Extensive global coverage health care plan
Swim is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.