Senior UI Engineer (React/Node.js)
- Full time
Launch NFTs from your own branded storefront
With 21% of America owning crypto currencies and 4% now owning NFTs, people everywhere are choosing a decentralized internet full of possibilities. Metaplex Studios is bringing to life these possibilities for our growing community through our mission to be the world’s NFT Standard. Since our June 2021 launch, Metaplex is already one of the most popular platforms for makers to launch their NFTs storefronts to their communities.
- 2,000+ developer teams using Metaplex and #1 trending GitHub
- 1,500+ developer teams using Metaplex's latest feature Candy Machine™
- Product of Solana Labs
And, we're just getting started. Come onboard and be a part of internet history as we define the next generation of user experiences on Web3 and empower innovation in a trustless world through the Metaplex Protocol and NFTs.
About this Role
How will millions of internet users benefit from a new decentralized web? As Senior UI Engineer, you’ll be instrumental in bringing the NFT revolution to hundreds of millions of people. Your efforts will help empower our community as they invent the future of media, gaming, music and more using the Metaplex Protocol. Your work will also define the concept of ownership using NFTs on web3.
Because of your position on the engineering team, the Metaplex Team will look to you to understand our code base, map out what’s possible, and contribute to roadmap discussions. You’ll work closely with ecosystem developers and Metaplex Studios Product, Design, and Community teams. The choice is yours! Travel to developer events to evangelize Metaplex (ie, Art Basel Miami) or Solana Hacker Houses or meet with VIP partners in gaming, sports, and media. The team will support you and we’re excited for where the adventure takes you!
What You'll Do
- You’ll own our front end code as well as other parts of our technology stack and the team will empower you to make important architecture decisions.
- You’ll work cross-functionally on product evolution from ideation, design, architecting systems, and process.
- Partner with product managers, designers, and community developers to understand the needs of our users and build a product that serves those needs. You also have the opportunity to tap into our Community on Discord and at IRL events to gather additional feedback.
- Produce quality work with thorough collaborative code reviews, cross-browser & device compatibility testing & bug fixing processes.
- Collaborate with the Design team and create responsive, modern components and optimize site & navigation content for mobile devices.
- As Metaplex Studios just formed in August, we’ll need you to advocate for team process and company culture (ie, mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives)
- Work in an agile environment with a team of developers and interact with stakeholders, business owners, designers, compliance, and QA
- A minimum of 5+ years experience building web applications with a strong track record in developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS, Node, Rust, and working closely with design specs to achieve amazing UX/UI. A four year degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is also preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (ie, React), TypeScript, UI Test Automation frameworks, and Vercel / Netlify and static site hosting.
- The knowledge to instrument software with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience (experience with Google Analytics, Mixpanel or other web analytics tools a big plus)
- Understanding of how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (ie, images, fonts) to a browser (ie, lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
- Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (ie, responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support)
- Capable of diving into the source code of front-end libraries to debug, patch, and extend them when necessary
- You care about the quality of systems and will pitch-in to help debug and fix performance issues when the situation calls for it.
- You’re passionate about crypto and NFTs and always willing to learn!
- Lastly, and most importantly, your excitement to bring innovation in a trustless world makes you inherently a beacon of positivity for our team and our community.
These are for full-time employees
- Remote organization. Work anywhere in the US.
- Your monthly health care premium is covered
- Stipend for technology
- Your own NFT avatar when you join
- Hang out with your team at crypto conferences and hacker off-sites
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, sexuality, and metaverses to apply.