- On site
- Full time
Polychain is looking for a macro-thinking cryptocurrency market researcher who has the ability to proactively identify strategic, early stage investment opportunities in companies and protocols with the mission of accelerating the global adoption of cryptocurrency. The candidate should have a deep understanding of computer science, distributed systems, consensus algorithms, networking, game theory and other relevant fields to blockchain technology. The research analyst will be the eyes and ears of market research, constantly plugged into the heartbeat of the cryptocurrency market landscape.
- Reasoning through the emerging trends in the space and identifying non-obvious opportunities for deployment of capital
- Researching early stage investment opportunities in emergent companies and protocols
- Working with the investment team on due diligence of prospective investments
- Willingness to travel as necessary
- Solid understanding of crypto-economics and blockchain technologies generally
- Sharp analytical mind with a killer instinct to identify thematic trends in the market
- Able to explain complex concepts in simple terms to a non-technical audience
- Obsession with the future of blockchain technology, web3, and low-level protocol development
- An open minded research approach and genuine intellectual curiosity
- A degree in a technical area (i.e. mathematics, engineering or computer science) and/or technical experience is strongly preferred
- 0-4 years of experience
Polychain is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Polychain does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.