Head of Product
- Full time
Valora Inc’s mission is to unlock access to financial opportunity so everyone can create and share value without barriers. We believe every person should have access to the information, education, and tools needed to build wealth. When everyone has the potential to prosper, our world will be a more supportive and interconnected place.
Valora is seeking an experienced product leader to build and run our Product team. As a Head of Product you will lead and grow a team of 5+ Product Managers, Product Designers, and Product Analysts (in partnership with the 15+ person engineering team) to further the growth and adoption of Valora worldwide.
- Lead and mentor a team of product managers, product designers, and product analysts shaping Valora
- Develop strong product development processes that lead to innovative products that drive value for users
- Work closely with the operations team to design processes, tools and systems necessary for operations to support Valora’s growth and operations at scale
- Work cross-functionally to drive optimal product decisions
- Work with the product team to define and meet product level objectives and key results that further company goals
- Oversee and help the product, engineering, and design teams build and manage product backlogs for their priority initiatives
- Drive strategic partnerships and lead necessary contract negotiations with regards to product integrations with Valora
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure our Valora’s vision, products and progress are well understood
- Collaborate cross functionally with our legal and marketing teams on product launches
- Encourage and celebrate diversity in the communities you build.
- Strong product background incl. at least 7+ years of leadership experience leading product and/or engineering teams
- Experience building consumer fintech products from the earliest stages through product market fit and growth/scaling
- Experience taking features from a hypothesis to delivering value to real users
- A demonstrated ability to work with data as well as user research
- Significant product management experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- A passion for growing teams and mentoring others
- Ability to think strategically and operate in a hands-on manner within a small team
- Excellent communication, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills and can partner effectively with cross-functional teams.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and can work effectively in a high paced startup environment
- A strong understanding of and/or demonstrated interest in blockchain and/or financial technology (fintech)
- BONUS: Experience in early stage and high growth startup environments
- BONUS: A technical background, CS degree, or other relevant technical experience
- BONUS: Experience building products with a focus on emerging markets