QA Manager – Star Wars
- On site
- Full time
The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for a QA Manager to join us at Zynga Austin in creating Star Wars: Hunters™, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You will manage the QA function across our Austin office for our StarWars: Hunters multi platform game. You will oversee a team of both internal and external QA’s that work in a distributed fashion. You will be responsible for the overall QA strategy of the team, along with the overall management responsibilities that that entails. This covers everything from people management, day-to-day allocation of work, upward stakeholder management etc. You will be the quality evangelist for the team, driving best practice and keeping up to date with the latest testing trends, you will report to the QA Director for the Starwars franchise.
- Minimum of 3 years as a QA Manager
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong collaboration skills
- Pro-active and self-driven
- Proven experience of managing multiple teams
- Proven track record of managing offshore vendor teams
- Strong reporting skills i.e. Future Planning, QA Velocity, QA Progress
- Proven experience of leading and managing teams in multiple locations
- Ability to mentor, coach and develop your team to meet the requirements of the Franchise
- Proven track record of incorporating overarching QA strategies across projects
- Ability to work with upper management and supply key facts and metrics
- Experience with NFT in respect for games and NFT considerations
- Experience in Gaming and Technical Testing for Games
- Experience with pre and post launch gaming projects
- Strong working experience of test management tools, dashboards and reporting e.g. TFS, JIRA, TestRail, ALM/Quality Centre or similar
- Passion for games!
WHAT WE OFFER YOU :
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at ACCOMMODATIONREQUEST@ZYNGA.COM to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.