Full Stack Ethereum Developer
- Full time
OpenZeppelin is a leading cybersecurity company that provides security products to build, automate, and operate decentralized applications.
With a mission to protect the open economy, our team created the most popular open source library for smart contract development with over 4 million downloads. Our unique expertise subsequently allowed us to uncover major security vulnerabilities for the Ethereum Foundation, MakerDAO, and Facebook’s Libra, and conduct security audits for many top blockchain companies including Coinbase, Brave, Compound, Aave, and Augur.
Building on this experience, we recently launched a platform to help teams automate their Ethereum operations and securely ship products faster: OpenZeppelin Defender.
With the success of our products, security audit work, and open source educational efforts, we are setting industry standards for building secure systems in a fast-growing industry that is creating an open financial system for the world.
What you'll be doing
As a Full Stack Ethereum Developer, you will join our team that works on Defender. Defender acts as a security operations (SecOps) platform for Ethereum with built-in best practices. Development teams implement Defender to ship faster and minimize security risks. OpenZeppelin's operational security products are used by top teams in the space such as Aave, Yearn, Balancer, PoolTogether, Opyn, Notional, and Foundation Labs. OpenZeppelin products are built using technologies including NodeJS, Typescript, and Svelte. We are looking for developers who have strength in one or more of these areas. We also deploy our systems in AWS using a server-less approach.
In this role, you will play an essential part in building new components, communicating with our users to gather feedback, and working collaboratively with the rest of the team to make sure we solve important problems and provide a great user experience. Specifically, you will design and implement new features including writing tests and documentation, participate in user interviews to collect feedback, and define new features in order to contribute to building a great user experience. Finally, you will help build reliable and scalable systems with a strong focus on security.
- 5+ years of experience in full stack web development.
- Interested or knowledgeable about Ethereum.
- Experience with NodeJS and Typescript.
- Experience with UI development frameworks ( eg React, Vue, Svelte)
- Experience with server-less setups using AWS services such as Lambda, DynamoDB, Cognito, API Gateway, CloudFormation.
- Strong desire to further your education about Ethereum and contribute to the blockchain space.
- Prior experience working remotely: strong personal organizational skills, a love for self-time management, and ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Advanced English communication skills — all of our internal and external communication is in English.
Nice to Have
- Good understanding of security concerns in the Ethereum ecosystem.
- Experience developing dapps in Ethereum.
Medical Insurance: Top quality insurance options for you.
Paid leave for new parents.
Team Events: Company retreats in different locations around the world.
Monthly allowance for wellness activities.
Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice.
Training: Technical training, spoken language lessons in any language of your choice.At OpenZeppelin, we are an equal opportunity employer and we value different perspectives. We are committed to building a diverse workforce. This includes but is not limited to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin and other characteristics that make each one of us unique. In this uniqueness, we find the most value. Come join us!