Explore Finance Offers
- Full time
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote Work from anywhere (TimeZone: EST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $80 – $100/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long-term
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- Fluent English speaker with high-level communications skills
- Management experience
- Data Modeling
- DWH & DB Solutions
- Data Analysis
- Data Architecture
Nice To Have Skills:
- Data Integration
- Underwriting/health insurance experience a plus
What you’ll be working on
Company is in the insurance industry and seeking a Data Modeler to examine data and create models. The team is looking for someone who is detail-oriented and willing to be hands on.
Fully remote position and open to global talent. However looking for talent that can have some overlap with North American EST time zone.
Experience in the Insurance industry or similar industry experience is a plus! (Banking, finance etc.)
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Finance Associate Position
- On site 📍Menlo Park
- Full time
Regional Payroll and Benefits Lead
- On site 📍Manila
- Full time
What you'll do
- Manage and perform semi monthly / monthly (depending on territory) payroll processing across the region and ensure legislative compliance with local labor laws and statutory requirements
- Ensure timely and accurate salary payment across the region by working closely with the country’s HR counterpart.
- Perform payroll reconciliation
- Prepare payroll accrual and funding requests
- Support regional payroll projects to enhance payroll service delivery and improve the employee experience
- Have the ability to own and complete complex and sensitive projects as needed and see innovative ways to improve payroll processes and procedures
- Comply with internal controls and support audit requirements
- Find better ways of refining processes and ensure that this is seamless for employees
- Conduct employee education sessions on the payroll process, to ensure they have the information they need
- Support monthly government statutory contribution remittance and year-end tax filing for employees
- Effectively manage payroll timeline and strict adherence to the set service level agreement with the payroll vendor
- Measure productivity and payroll accuracy through a defined process metrics
- Engage with the Country People Operations team to provide support in all payroll related matters including proper handling of escalations and propose solutions to complex payroll matters
- Support local finance team on the payroll ledger reconciliation and government statutory exercise
- Work closely with HR Business Partners in different territories to process, resolve, document and execute on payroll and benefits related issues
- Work directly with employees on resolving payroll discrepancies, payroll processing issues and any issue that may arise throughout the process
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintain accurate and up to date payroll and benefit information, records, documents, reports
- Perform ad hoc tasks that may be assigned
- Manage payroll and benefits resource(s) / FTEs
What we expect from you
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Minimum of 5-year regional payroll and benefits experience preferably in APAC
- Hands-on functional knowledge in managing payroll and benefits
- Experience in managing high volume payroll and benefits transactions
- Ability to analyze complex payroll situations and propose recommendations
- Strong knowledge of local employment regulations and government statutory guidelines for all Coins’ countries (PH, SG, etc.)
- Good knowledge of labor legislation
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Proven integrity in dealing with internal and external contracts and in implementing company data privacy
- Detail -oriented, professional attitude and reliable
- Must be well organized, self-starter and willing to work with less to no supervision
- Flexibility and eagerness to meet the challenges of an organization
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic working environment
- Strong proficiency in MS Office particularly Excel
- Knowledge in HR & Payroll Systems (e.g. Workday, BambooHR, ADP, etc.)
What we offer
- Become an integral part of a family-like HR team, which consists of like-minded people who are passionate about what they do
- Friendly and supportive environment, where initiative and desire to make the world a better place is welcomed
- Opportunity to participate in extra HR-related projects: testing and implementation of a new ATS, enhancement of tech recruitment process, HR brand activities, and many more
- Professional growth: you will be surrounded by experienced colleagues and mentor who will help you grow and develop professionally, also we can sponsor some of the professional conferences, courses and trainings that you are eager to join
Director of Finance
- On site 📍New York
- Full time
Director of Finance
New York, New York, USA /
Apply for this job
We’re Growing Fast…
Interested in joining a fast-paced start-up that is challenging the status quo? Look no further.
Nitra is changing how traditional businesses access credit and financial services – bringing the transformational and disruptive digital finance innovation of Silicon Valley to other verticals. We are beginning our first chapter as a mission-driven fintech startup by targeting gaps for providers in the healthcare sector – addressing an imminent need for modern financial solutions that integrate seamlessly with complex industry processes. Our goal is to provide an ecosystem of fintech and software solutions that help doctors better manage their practices, so they can focus on their patients.
Nitra will bring to physicians and medical clinics around the country the cards, loans, accounts, payments, and expense management products they expect, in an all-in-one platform powered by machine learning and blockchain technologies.
And Looking For…
A Director of Finance who will contribute greatly to Nitra's long-term financial health and growth. You will establish strategies that will earn profits, oversee accounting operations, produce accurate reports on where money is going within the business, and improve or change current practices to increase efficiency.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing insurance and risk management
- Maintaining budgeting and forecasting models
- Performing financial modeling and analysis
- Assisting with business funding decisions
- Hiring, training, and retaining skilled finance staff
- Drive the financial planning of the company by analyzing its performance and risks
- Retain constant awareness of the company’s financial position and act to prevent problems
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance personnel (management accountants, internal auditors etc.)
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations
- Develop the corporate fundraising strategy and manage relationships with partners and investors
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a quarterly and annual basis
- Conduct analysis to make forecasts and report to upper executives
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in investment banking, accounting, or a startup finance team
- Corporate finance and FP&A experience preferred
- Track record of outstanding financial and strategic analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Team player, ability to work well with internal stakeholders
- Excels in a fast moving, innovative, and evolving startup environment
- Bachelor’s degree required, advance degree (MBA/MS) preferred
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite, and Slack
- Equity - Everyone at Nitra is an owner. When the company wins, you win
- Competitive Salary - You’re the best of the best, and your salary will reflect your experience and reward your contributions to Nitra
- Flexible vacation policy - You work hard and deserve to recharge however and whenever you want.
- Health Care - Your health comes first. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options.
- Retirement Benefits - Your financial stability matters to us so we provide a generous employer 401K match
Nitra values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More About Nitra
Nitra was created by unicorn founders who have successfully scaled to thousands of customers and exited $1B+ public offerings. They are joined by an ambitious and experienced team from American Express, Citi, PayPal, Plaid, Bloomberg, Meta, Facebook, and Mastercard. The team is supported by an expert group of advisors such as the cofounders of Square and Xendit, executives from Intuit, former Governors, White House senior staffers, and co-founder of CityMD and is backed by some of the world’s leading VCs such as Andreessen Horowitz, NEA, and more.
Chief Audit Executive
- On site 📍Manila
- Full time
What you'll do
- Verifies, both on a continuous basis and in relation to special needs, in conformity with international professional standards, the adequacy and effective functioning of the internal control and risk management system, through an audit plan, to be approved by the Board of Directors. Such a plan is based on a structured analysis and ranking of the main risks
- Has direct access to all useful information for the performance of its duties
- Drafts periodic reports containing adequate information on its own activity, and on the company’s risk management process, as well as about the compliance with the management plans defined for risk mitigation. Such periodic reports contain an evaluation on the adequacy of the internal control and risk management system
- Prepares timely reports on particularly significant events
- Submits the reports to the chairman of the Board of statutory auditors, the control, risk and sustainability committee and the Board of Directors, as well as to the Chief Executive Officer
- Verifies, according to the audit plan, the reliability of information systems, including the accounting one
What we expect from you
- 10+ years experience in finance and accounting business processes
- Experience in a management role
- Experience leading and managing large scale initiatives and managing associated change
- History of consistently delivering business results
- Exposure to international complexities in accounting and finance business processes
- Demonstrated success leading senior professionals and developing a strong organization and workforce in a complex, service-intensive, deadline-driven environment
- On site 📍Singapore
- Full time
Coinhako is a market-leading platform for access to digital assets like Bitcoin from Singapore.
Founded in 2014, Coinhako has established a reputation as being one of the most secure and trusted digital asset wallet service providers and trading platforms in the APAC market. Our team is deeply passionate about building the crypto economy in the APAC region. Through the launch of our innovative suite of products and services, Coinhako aims to empower individuals and businesses by allowing them to take ownership and control of the way they build and manage their assets in the new digital finance world.
In line with our expansion, we are looking for motivated individuals who are passionate about the crypto space to join our team as a Relationship Manager
Serve as the primary account manager for Coinhako’s High Net Worth (HNW) and institutional/Corporate clients
Acquire and develop trust relationships with a portfolio of HNW or Institutional clients (Family offices / Asset Managers / EAMs)
Understand complex products and strategies to ensure that our HNW clients are integrated appropriately and using our product suite optimally
Effectively manage and prioritise incoming client requests through to resolution
Answer technical cryptocurrency related questions, demonstrate expertise on structured product features confidently
Relay client feedback to internal teams in a timely and accurate manner to mitigate issues and resolve problems
Work closely with the team to ensure best in class customer experience
- Help promote and maintain a positive company image
3 years working experience in sales/sales-trading roles within Investment / Private banks, financial institutions, etc.
Institutional relationships with Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, HNW individuals, Brokers, Futures Institutions or Commercial Banks etc.
Excellent relationship maintenance and sales skills and ability to work under pressure.
Strong communication skills and high adaptability to a variety of situations.
- Passionate about crypto, industry experience would be an advantage.
What’s in for you:
Friendly and fun start-up work culture
Convenient work location located in the heart of CBD area
Generous annual leaves on top of national holidays
Medical coverage including GP, Specialist, TCM and more
Vibrant office with well-stocked pantry
Animal-friendly environment, with a fluff ball in the office
BSA/AML Internal Audit Lead
- On site 📍United States
- Full time
BSA/AML Internal Audit Lead
- On site 📍United States
- Full time
As a BSA/AML Internal Audit Lead you will:
- Independently execute BSA/AML and OFAC audits of high quality in an efficient and timely manner with minimal managers’ supervision
- Apply your BSA/AML audit/compliance/testing knowledge from a financial institution to a crypto trust bank and to meet the requirements and spirit of the FFIEC BSA/AML Examination Manual
- Collaborate with stakeholders to determine audit scope, identify risks and control gaps, and develop mitigating management action plans
- Draft and present audit reports and results to the respective business stakeholders, senior management, and the Audit Committee
- Track audit findings and perform validation work for finding closure
- Perform validation work for closure of regulatory findings, where applicable
- Develop collaborative relationship with the stakeholders and provide best practice guidance and be a trusted control adviser to the business to help the firm build a safe and sound control environment
- Assist in preparing reporting metrics for the senior management and Audit Committee
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Solid experience in executing internal audits in relation to BSA/AML and OFAC compliance without much supervision or guidance
- BSA/AML audit or compliance assurance/testing experience in a financial institution
- The ability to apply your banking experience to the crypto industry
- You think you can build good relationship with the team
- Critical thinking and a strong sense to identify risks
- The ability to articulate clearly audit findings and risk impact to the business stakeholders
- Strong organizational, project management, communication, and presentation skills
- Characteristics of being detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, like to work in a dynamic environment, have good judgment, and be able to motivate others
Although not a requirements, bonus points if:
- You have some crypto experience
- You read blockchain protocol white papers for fun, and stay up to date with the proliferation of crypto asset innovations
Payroll Advisor - Associate
- On site 📍Mayfair
- Full time
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Work directly with our Payroll provider to ensure the accurate processing of the end-to-end payroll for all employees across all locations in the organization - UK, US, Singapore, Switzerland and Spain.
- Experience in all locations is not a requirement, training will be provided.Maintain a detailed personnel database regarding salaries, and prepare reports for relevant departments regarding payroll, GL and expenses, etc
- Review, analyse and verify payroll reports each month for accuracy; requesting the necessary adjustments and corrections to the payroll provider in a timely manner
- Ensure starters and leavers are processed correctly, including the ability to calculate backpays
- Calculate correct employee pay by considering hours worked, overtime rates, taxes, national insurance payments and other factors
- Understand the company’s holiday, sick, maternity and paternity leave policies in order to make the correct payments
- Process cash, cheques and electronic employee payments depending on the business using company Bank accounts
- Answering employee questions about their timesheets and payslips, and address/resolve any employee complaints relating to payroll
- Be able to initiate and support throughout the year end activities to close payrolls.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a payroll position
- Proven commercial experience in a similar role within Financial Services or Multinational organisation
- Deep knowledge of UK and US payrolls though international payroll experience would be very helpful
- Self starter with the ability to work proactively, often autonomously, prioritising multiple tasks
- Expert using Excel / Google Sheets and other MS office / GSuite applications
- Good to have an understanding of Confluence and Jira usability
- Good to have knowledge of HiBob and Cloudpay
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal working in a multicultural and international office
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Human Resources Manager
- On site 📍Ho Chi Minh City
- Full time
Coinhako is a leading digital assets platform headquartered in Singapore.
Founded in 2014, Coinhako has established a reputation as being one of the most secure and trusted digital asset wallet service providers and trading platforms in the APAC market. Our team is deeply passionate about building the crypto economy in the APAC region. Through the launch of our innovative suite of products and services, Coinhako aims to empower individuals and businesses by allowing them to take ownership and control of the way they build and manage their assets in the new digital finance world.Your role:
- Oversee all pillars of HR functions including Recruitment, L&D, Compensation & Benefits, Employee Life Cycle, Employee Relations
- Supports the recruitment pillar by crafting job requirements and descriptions for all positions; establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; supporting managers on candidate selection
- Manages a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Enhance company’s employee benefits programs by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; and designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Work together with L&D team to conducting onboarding orientation and training programs
- Prompt & accurate monthly payroll and overtime processing including preparing payroll reports required for internal use and/or submission to relevant authorities
- Owns the HR system for staff management, reports, leaves and payroll
- Any other ad-hoc task assigned
- Degree in Human Resources or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years experience as an HR Generalist, with at least 4 years of people management experience
- Experience in HR strategies for rapid growth of companies.
- Strong working knowledge of Vietnam’s Employment and its related statutory requirements and legislation
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work with staff of all levels.
- Knowledge in HRIS and Greenhouse will be advantageous
- Able to work independently and effectively as a team.
- Proficient in MS Office / Google Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced understanding and/or experience working in a Cryptocurrency/Blockchain/Fintech/Finance Trading domain preferred
What we offer:
Being a part at Coinhako, you will experience a youthful, flexible and creative work environment, together with:
- MacBook Pro or high-end laptop for work
- Attractive salary and annual salary review
- Working in a professional, friendly, well-equipped global environment
- Extensive on-the-job training, you will always have a chance to work with new emerging technologies.
- Enjoy diversified activities: Happy Friday, Monthly Team-building, Company trip, PlayGame (Board games), Play Sport (Football, Badminton...).
- On site 📍Berlin
- Full time
- On site 📍Berlin
- Full time
Parity Technologies Deutschland GmbH The Company Parity is a core blockchain infrastructure company. We are building the future of blockchain technology, with an open-source architecture that will enable people to create better institutions through technology. Parity was founded by some of the most influential entrepreneurs and visionaries in the Blockchain and Crypto space. The company has scaled rapidly in the last 6 years to become one of the world’s most accomplished blockchain companies. It has over 300 team members and global operations with offices in London, Berlin and Lisbon. This is an incredible time to join the business as you will be joining a expanding Finance function based in Berlin and helping to build out finance processes and supporting company wide initiatives. There are fantastic growth opportunities on offer, as the business scales you will develop alongside the team to provide information for business decisions and improve operations. The workplace environment is dynamic with entrepreneurial flair always encouraged. The company has taken a modern approach to work-life balance, with flexibility to work from our central Berlin office and from home. The Role The Finance function is looking for a Qualified Accountant to join and grow alongside the business. You will support the team in maintaining process and controls, and implement enhancements to help scale the company. As the Finance Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the month-end close and supporting with the financial accounting for the business. This role is broad in nature and will cover the reporting responsibilities with the chance to get involved with more commercial duties down the line. A key piece of the role will be to proactively suggest improvements, drive efficiencies and to implement new processes into the business. In your role as an Finance Manager your responsibilities of the role will include:
Producing the monthly management accounts with insightful financial analysis and commentary for the board pack (P&Ls, balance sheet, variance analysis) Report on business performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis Support the Finance Director with audit and compliance matters. Responsible for managing the month-end close process and Responsible to ensure timely receipt and review deliverables prepared by external accounting and payroll service provider and manage Continuously review and improve processes and systems to ensure efficiency Business partner with various teams to ensure knowledge of all ongoing activity Implement new robust controls and rigour into financial processes. Oversee junior colleagues who manage transaction finance (AP, AR, payroll, bank reconciliations) Extensive Ad-Hoc projects to support the business as they scale.
Bachelor degree or completed a commercial apprenticeship 2-4 years training as a balance sheet accountant or with certification CIMA/ACA/ACCA Fluent in business German Fluent in business English Experience in working with international companies and multi-currencies is preferred Good working knowledge of online accounting software (Xero or similar) Good working knowledge of DATEV Advanced Excel skills Strong understanding of process and automation Project implementation experience Excellent attention to detail Self-motivated, able to work towards deadlines Independent worker, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Competitive salary Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal. Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats.