Senior Front End Engineer
- Full time
Who are we?
Everybody and their mother working on blockchains loves the word “decentralization”. On a broad, world-changing scale, we can all agree that it’s important. Yet, when we zoom into the specifics of how to build this decentralized world, we find many diverse approaches. Whether it’s defi, identity, art, healthcare, or anything in between, a single dependency unites each dream for the future: scalability.
We are building the critical infrastructure to address this need. Optimism is an extension to Ethereum that scales both its technology and philosophy. Not only do we enable orders of magnitude more performance, we’re also doubling down on Ethereum’s values as a public good, never to be captured by private commercial interests. Ethereum will enable the greatest change in human coordination since the birth of the internet, and Optimism is here to bring it to the masses.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Lead the development of our primary consumer facing product, the Optimism Gateway
- Collaborate with design and engineering teams to develop technical direction and vision for web and mobile features
- Architect and own the technical development of the frontend codebase
- Own features from inception and design all the way to implementation and launch
- Work with the protocol team to ensure the security and correct usage of fundamental protocol features (e.g., ERC20 and ERC721 bridge primitives)
What skills do you bring?
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering, including 3+ years of experience in modern web technologies
- Fluency in React with knowledge of current best practices and understanding of the trends and technical progression of web frameworks and design patterns
- Familiarity in front-end architecture, including performance, security and usability
- Familiarity but not prior work experience with the crypto space required
- Experience leading the development of a consumer facing product preferred, not required
What will you like about us?
- Providing the product management input to solving groundbreaking problems in computer science
- Working with a world-class team developing a technically challenging product critical to scaling Ethereum
- Fully remote, deeply engaged, highly skilled, and yet really FUN team environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits package