Head of Web Platform
- On site
- Full time
As digital assets and cryptocurrency become more widely adopted every day,, our products are essential to ensure cryptocurrency is safe and accessible to all. Our solutions help to prevent financial crime and allow cryptocurrencies to be used for good. Our products are used by some of the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies to screen over $1 billion of transactions every single week.
Elliptic is backed by some of the top VCs: SBI Group, Albion VC, Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group, and we have grown globally with teams in the UK, USA, Singapore and Tokyo.
To achieve our mission, we depend on our incredible team of Elliptites. Our values are reflected in everything we do and every decision we make, both internally and outwardly to our customers. We actively encourage Elliptities to challenge the status quo and allow the freedom to innovate and learn every day. We encourage new ideas and learning, whether that’s through collaboration, our curiosity sessions, or utilising your professional development budget - personal growth is important to us all.
As Head of Web Platforms, you’ll be helping us build the most creative and fulfilled product engineering teams. You will lead multiple teams of talented and creative engineers who build products and systems they are proud of. You will help improve other managers through growing future and current leaders within the business while pushing for exceptionally high-quality work and empowering our engineers to make a big impact.
We’re looking for a talented leader with a technical background who wants to focus on team leadership and people management. The contributions that you make will help shape the future of Elliptic and the crypto ecosystem.
How you will grow:
- You will be enabled to do what you think is the right thing to do and learn from your decisions.
- Supported by an industry leading engineering team, built around a culture of trust and failing fast, you will be challenged on a daily basis to move outside your comfort zone.
- You will learn from a pool of highly experienced colleagues, in a rapidly growing industry.
- You have a generous personal development budget and the time and space to grow. Depending on how you learn, there are many options open:Attend conferences
Complete industry certifications
Undertake training in technical and/or leadership spaces
Have the time and space to try new tech with your team
Participate in company hack days
What you will do in a typical week:
- Strategise on the future of engineering at Elliptic with your peers across the organisation
- Own hiring and headcount for your area, driving inbound hiring pipelines by promoting Elliptic at any engineering events you deem relevant
- Report on your teams’ progress to senior management, flagging any issues early and thinking creatively about how to achieve the results required by an ambitious business
- Build relationships across the business, including Sales, Product and Customer Success - you are the first to know of emerging issues and know who to get in a room to solve them
- Support your team leaders, emparting experience from your own experience and current best practices
- Stay across all aspects of your teams, from establishing a healthy culture embodying the company values to ensuring that expectations are set and work is delivered
- Take responsibility for the technical output of your teams, supporting your leads where they need it and giving them space where they do not
- Promote knowledge sharing forums across engineering to ensure best practices exist and no silos build up
- Make it your business to know about each person in your organisation, what they want and how best they can develop
- Stay current, always maintaining a working understanding of what each of your teams are doing, so you are effectively able to support and represent them across the business.
Given the versatile nature of the role, we’re looking for someone who learns fast, enjoys leading and collaborating with others, and is a pragmatic decision-maker. This role would suit someone with previous senior management experience.
You will be a great fit here if you:
- Build strong teams around an environment of trust and empowerment
- Celebrate failure and share learnings widely
- Care deeply about the individuals on your teams and are rewarded by their growth
- Have strong opinions about engineering management best practices, and relish the debate about what works in given situations
- Are able to build lasting personal relationships atop a foundation of trust, vulnerability and openness
- Use data to make decisions, to understand what is slowing your teams down, what they need to succeed
- Are not afraid to fail, experiment often and learn quickly
- Are keen to learn new technologies and challenge existing tools, methodologies, processes
Our ideal candidate is:
- Passionate about investing in individuals and supporting them to grow and succeed
- Knows how to attract top engineering talent and build efficient, objective hiring pipelines
- Experienced in leading several teams across diverse functional areas
- An accomplished line manager who has a track record of investing in individuals and seeing them succeed
- An engineer at heart who can still be hands on when they need to
- Opinionated about technical architecture
- At home working with senior stakeholders from across the business
Bonus Points for:
- Worked in a cloud natie environment, ideally AWS
- Has gone through this scaling phase before, at any time in their career
- Has put together training and development plans for teams
- Has provided L3 support out of hours / on call
- HODLs some crypto
- Ran front-end teams in the finance or security space
- Share Options
- Holiday - 25 days + public holidays + additional day for your birthday
- Private Health Insurance - we use Vitality!
- Work Pension Scheme
- Quarterly full-day off-sites & annual company 3-day offsite
- £1000 Personal training budget & LinkedIn Learning subscription
- £500 Home office allowance
- Enhanced parental leave; we provide eligible employees, regardless of gender or whether they become a parent by birth or adoption, 16 weeks fully-paid leave and job-protected leave
- Full access to Spill Mental Health Support
- Our offices provide all of the amenities you could need
- Work with top of the range equipment - MacBook Pro and any other equipment you need
Elliptic is not a traditional financial services firm. We pride ourselves on having a laid-back and friendly ethos, while still expecting great things from our team. Fascinating work is the norm - working at Elliptic is never boring!
We know Diversity and Inclusion is much deeper than just hiring, but it’s important for us to mention it here. We welcome and embrace individuals of all backgrounds and identities at Elliptic, and this is an ongoing priority for us. We know incredible people don’t all think in the same way. We want to be challenged every day. We believe our diverse team of individuals underpins this by bringing creative thinking and innovation to Elliptic every day. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace, so we welcome applications from everyone, even if you may not think you fit all of the requirements of our roles. We foster an environment of psychological safety, where everyone feels comfortable to bring their whole self to work