- Full time
Who are we looking for?
We need an experienced Devops Specialist working in Web3, server maintenance, and server security. The finest candidate has innovative ideas and effective skills to ensure our servers are topnotch performing, secure and well maintained machines. In order to excel in this role you must:
- Have expert skills as a server admin; bash, networking, server security, and cloud resources.
- Be confident in setting up continuous integration.
- Have skills in containerisation and orchestration.
- Have a keen eye for systems’ improvement and efficiency.
- Have previous web3 experience working on teams who run RPC services and deploy smart contracts.
- Be an expert ninja in Web3 server security.
- Be adaptable for unpredictable barriers.
- Have strong communication skills of listening, leadership, and inclusive collaboration.
- Have advanced English comprehension to participate in written, conversational and technical discussions.
- Maintain confidentiality.
What will your typical work day look like?
You’ll need to be a self-starter as your workload includes a variety of DNS mapping, CI integrations, cloud-base VPS deployments, and managing self-hosted or third party operators. You’ll be working collaboratively with distributed team members in weekly Discord group and individual meetings. You’ll be a proactive team member and contribute your expertise in a variety of responsibilities.
- Set up fully integrated development environments for frontend and backend developers, providing new servers to developers for experimental projects.
- Maintain services: Server provision, DNS management, containerization, orchestration, and databases (postgres,mongodb).
- Review our current running stacks especially under the aspects of security and performance.
- Ensure our beloved node workers are chugging along in unison and busy communication.
- Ensure the servers’ reverse proxy configuration is completely accurate and the systems can handle the estimated workloads.
- Simplify monolithic bottlenecks with the power of orchestration and micro-service architecture.
- Contribute Opensource resources to the larger Ethereum community.
- To peacefully establish a release cycle to merge the tested features to production.
Required programming languages
- Github actions
Bonus points if you know these languages
More bonus points especially if….
- You have personal experience deploying smart contracts and running RPC services.
- Have experience removing Infura from production environments.
- You’re Webhook Savvy and can handle Noodle workflows.
- You’re a personal contact of team member with a strong recommendation.
- You are in a different timezone than Europe. We need around the clock Dev Ops and server care.
We value your proactive contribution, methodology expertise and keen ability of Dev Ops. To acknowledge your exceptional value to the team, and to also sweeten the deal, we offer these incentives:
Payment and Perks
- Freedom of a flexible work schedule.
- Work in the remote location of your choice; ideally a timezone other than Europe.
- Crypto payment.
- Additional compensation package of tokens - reap the rewards of what you help create!
- Flexible vacation time - because the personal/work life balance matters.
- Paid conference attendance - where the team meets and gets to know each other offline!
The ecosystem of decentralized technology is quickly expanding in Web3, Open Source, and future unknown tools. If you value exponential professional growth and learning about new technologies initiatives everyday while contributing to the greater good; this position is for you. We look forward to meeting you and creating the new world of decentralized infrastructure together!