- On site
- Full time
We are seeking a hands-on, highly-skilled CTO with a storied history in the technology or financial sector. You will be tasked with making executive technology decisions on behalf of the company, including managing a technology budget and making investments to align the company with its vision for its technological needs.
You should be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator, with strong experience in software development, system architecture and IT operations.
You will work directly under the CEO and will act as both a technology and a business expert, making decisions that will impact the current and future operations of the company.
We are a small fully-remote startup blurring the lines between traditional finance and cryptocurrencies. Our team of 15+ passionate and experienced overachievers like to describe itself as an agile team that ships code by leaps and bounds. We’re extremely focused and the best at what we do. We do a lot of collaboration on Slack and use Trello for tasks and planning.
Wealthica was created as the first aggregation platform for Canadian investors. Operating as a fully-remote team from the start, we quickly built a name for financial data accuracy and data engine reliability. Vezgo, as a cryptocurrency data aggregation platform and API, extends the Wealthica technology utilization to a wide range of worldwide crypto use cases.
We recently launched Vezgo as the “Plaid for Crypto”. Our goal is to establish Vezgo as the #1 cryptocurrency aggregator. In just a few months, Vezgo is quickly becoming a key cryptocurrency aggregation player. The challenge for Vezgo is to quickly enhance the support for aggregation of many exchanges, blockchains and wallets.
Our Canadian investment API currently aggregates data from 140+ Canadian financial institutions and is used by over 50,000 Canadians investors through customer-facing apps like Hardbacon, Passiv or Wealthica. It is also the technology that powers Flinks Wealth and Flinks Compliance solutions. Flinks is the exclusive distributor of the Wealthica Canadian-investment API technology. As the CTO at Wealthica, you will oversee the development and maintenance of the Canadian-investment API and the data acquisition team. You will also manage the dashboard and API development teams.
- Amazon AWS serverless architecture (Cognito, ECS, Lambda, API Gateway, etc.)
- Node.js, Express, Vue.js, Docker, RabbitMQ
- React Native (Mobile)
- REST APIs
- Work tools: Trello, Slack, GitHub.
- Setting a vision for how technology will be used in the company.
- Overseeing the reliability and availability of the aggregation engine.
- Ensure the platform security and compliance with established standards.
- Ensuring that technological resources meet the company’s short and long-term needs.
- Outline the goals for research and development.
- Creating timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services.
- Making executive decisions on behalf of the company’s technological requirements.
- Acting as a mentor to team members.
- Managing technology budgets and time frames.
- Staying on top of technology trends and developments.
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards
- Experience as a Senior Developer, ideally backend.
- Managerial experience.
- Advanced technological skill set and a demonstrated history with technology.
- Exceptional team management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to delegate efficiently.
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye towards the future.
Join us on our journey to redefine finance with technology and cryptocurrency!
Vezgo focuses on Developer APIs, Web Development, and Mobile Application. Their company has offices in Montreal and Remote. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.