- Full time
Nansen, in brief
- 🎯 Nansen’s mission is to surface the signal in blockchain data.
- 💻 Our core product is a SaaS analytics platform used by investors, crypto teams, and analysts.
- 🌏 Our company HQ is in Singapore, but team members are located all over the world.
- 🙌 We have an open and friendly work environment: every person helps shape our culture.
- 🌱 It's important for us that every individual in the team experiences personal growth.
About the role
As a Venture Analyst in our Alpha team, you will be part of a growing team serving the smartest traders and investors in the crypto space, taking the lead to help us identify and source investable opportunities for Nansen Alpha, assisting in the production of institutional-quality research, and participating in weekly discussion calls with our Alpha clients. You will play a key role in the future of finance, and help us to achieve our mission of surfacing the signal in blockchain data.
Your contributions to the team will have a big impact, as you help us grow Nansen to a leading crypto company.
You can be located anywhere in the world, as our work is 100% online.
The position is full-time.
What will you be doing?
Responsible for Nansen Alpha's sourcing efforts and take charge of implementing end-to-end execution for potential deal flows and all phases of the assessment process, including but not limited to:
- Sourcing to ensure Nansen Alpha's deal flow remains the best in the space by surfacing high-quality and early-stage investment opportunities in a timely manner
- Provide deal leadership in terms of generating and refining deal investment theses, establish due diligence game plans, and implement a systematic process in assessing opportunities
- Identify and diligence potential opportunities for Nansen Alpha members, including organizing weekly meetings and sessions with founders/team for Alpha members, understanding current and upcoming crypto trends, analyzing business models and strategy, and so on
- Help build out and evolve Nansen Alpha's project sourcing and internal procedures, tools, and models based on experience and best practices
- Identify and craft strategic partnerships that will expand the available markets for Nansen Alpha and add value to our Alpha members
- Initiate and establish relationships, develop partnerships and grow Nansen's network with top crypto ecosystems, projects and protocols
- Take lead in coordinating the front-end of partnership with back-end research; so as to help position Nansen Alpha as a thought leader in the crypto space by contributing to thesis development and publishing market research and opinion publications
- Take ownership of existing retention metrics and data for the Alpha tier
Are you the right person for this role?
The ideal candidate for us has:
- Minimum of 1-2+ years of relevant work experience in a crypto or tech VC fund
- Drive: We want people who are passionate about the crypto-asset industry, and are eager to up-skill and hone their knowledge in the crypto space
- Expertise: Intermediate knowledge of DeFi/NFT is a prerequisite; an ability to quickly comprehend, evaluate, and critique new ideas is a huge plus
- Analytical: Strong analytical, financial analysis, organizational, and writing skills
- Independent: Direct experience working in a remote-first environment; and able to work independently whilst collaborating closely with a fast-growing team
- Self-motivated: Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong sense of ownership, empathy, and determination to get things done
- Resilience: Humble to new ideas, and eager to learn amidst adversity and challenges
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the skills to take a (rough) idea and make it reality
- An eye for detail, but is pragmatic and able to get things done fast
- Great written communication skills in English
- An ability to self-organize in a remote-first work environment
- Bonus: Experience from the cryptocurrency industry or research industry*
- Bonus: Proficiency in other major languages (e.g. Chinese or Spanish)*
Ready to apply?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Brief text on why you're the right candidate for this role
- Short 1-page investment memo (in pdf) describing your best early-stage crypto investment idea (token or a project that have not had a TGE yet), accompanied by supporting data or analysis
- Portfolio (e.g. link to blog or written articles)
- CV (or link to Linkedin profile)